CaptiveAire NAFEM 2019
Monumental Impact and Interactive Kiosks Drive Traffic and Leads
CaptiveAire, headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina, is the largest manufacturer of commercial kitchen exhaust systems in North America. However, CaptiveAire was unfortunately relegated towards the back of the show hall at NAFEM 2019.
To help boost their visibility in their suboptimal booth space, Holt designed and built:
- A large branded wall behind a giant structure of CaptiveAire’s ventilation products. The wall also served to hide the back of the structure from the rear aisle.
- A large hanging sign which stood out to people coming down the escalator into the show hall. The hanging sign featured CaptiveAire’s logo and corporate red on the outside. Inside, their “One System One Source” tag line was visible to visitors within their booth.
With so much physical product already consuming most of their budget for shipping and drayage, CaptiveAire sought to engage visitors in their booth without hauling boxes full of brochures, going completely paperless, and still maintaining lead retrieval activities.
Therefore, Holt provided two custom rental kiosks and especially the interactive content running on them:
- The interactive catalog showcased CaptiveAire product videos, image galleries, brochures, and product information for the 5 divisions of their company. Visitors could get abundant product info while in dialog with a booth staffer or waiting for one.
- A bar code scanner connected to the kiosks captured lead contact info via API to the official show attendee database, including email addresses, which allowed for seamless emailing of PDF brochures and YouTube video links via automated emails generated by the touch screen app.
- Session data for each visitor was exported to a spreadsheet, logging time spent in each area of the app with timestamps linked with their individual information.
As seen in the photos during show hours, the CaptiveAire booth was often very busy with crowds of clients and prospects waiting to talk with their sales people and booth staffers.
Manufacturing + Industrial
Trade Show Exhibit Design + Production
Interactive Design + Video Production
Fabrication + Installation